Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Reporting to: Financial Operations Team Leader
Location: Kings Hill
The role of the Accounts Assistant is to ensure all payments received into the business are processed onto the collections system accurately and within strict SLA’s
We are looking for someone with strong Excel skills, high attention to detail, who is self motivated and thrives in a busy, fast-paced environment. You will have worked in a finance environment in the past, and have strong numerical ability, accounting knowledge, and be able to work to tight deadlines.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- To ensure all collections – cheques, postal orders, card payments, direct debits, bank payments, payment cards, payment files - are reconciled using advanced Excel skills and processed into the collections system
- To ensure all payments and payment files have been processed accurately and all the necessary checks performed to ensure the funds are applied to the correct customer accounts.
- Producing invoices to be sent to clients
- Raising payments to the clients for the cash collected on their behalf
- To ensure all queries are resolved within a 24 hour SLA period
- To produce weekly/monthly Excel reports for business analysis
- To ensure unidentified income is processed, investigated and resolved as per Company policy/FCA policy.
- To ensure all processes are performed within existing company policies and procedures and SLAs. To update these policies and procedures where relevant
- To support the Team Leader and other Finance team members in query solving, cross training and development of the role
- Statement reconciliations, invoice approvals and Third Party correspondence
- To process high volume customer refunds accurately and within SLA’s
Formal Education & Certification
5 GCSEs minimum, including English and Math
Knowledge & Experience
- Accounting knowledge required
- Experience in a professional finance environment is essential, minimum of 2 years
- Experience in problem solving and query management
- Being self-motivated to work in a busy, fast paced environment
- Computer literate with intermediate/advanced Microsoft Excel skills i.e VLookups, pivot tables, formulas
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy is a must
- Good numerical ability
- Able to work under pressure with a drive to meet daily deadlines
- Self motivated, flexible and hard working with a positive attitude
- Excellent communicator with the maturity to build effective confident working relationships
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary of £20-£22k depending on experience, and loads of fantastic benefits, such as 22 days holiday, gym subsidy, pension scheme, healthcare cash back scheme, travel insurance, on site massage and health checks plus much, much more, so if you are interested in this exciting opportunity please apply now.