Deputy Company Secretary
Job Title: Deputy Company Secretary
Location: Kings Hill
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Deputy Company Secretary to join the legal team of this fast paced and fast growing business. Reporting to the Group General Counsel, you will be responsible for managing and organising the Group’s corporate governance and corporate compliance needs.
We are looking for someone who is ICSA qualified with solid secretarial experience who is self-motivated, protective, able to cope with unexpected and varied demands, and capable of managing high volumes of work. The ideal candidate will have good technical knowledge of company secretarial practice, strong written and verbal communication skills, high attention to detail, high level of integrity and good corporate governance experience. Spanish and/or French language is preferred but not necessary.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Providing an efficient and effective secretarial and administrative service to the Group, including attending meetings and drafting minutes for all key subsidiary and committee meetings.
- Dealing with all secretarial matters relating to the Group’s share capital and shareholding structures.
- Liaising with and advising the Group regarding subsidiary companies operating overseas, including reviewing legal powers of attorney and proxies, and dealing directly with the external notaries to arrange specific notarisations and legalisations to meet overseas corporate law requirements as necessary.
- Reviewing the corporate governance arrangements to ensure alignment with the Group Corporate Governance Framework and best practice principles, including the Group Minimum Standards.
- Assisting the General Counsel and legal function with significant corporate projects, including data room management, conducting due diligence, fundraising and M&A activity.
- Managing KYC requests on behalf of all third party companies and on behalf of the Group.
- Drafting and monitoring all key corporate policies including financial crime policies and conflicts of interest.
- Maintaining and managing all licenses for all Group companies, including ICO
- Support General Counsel in the review and management of the Group’s insurance programme.
- Preparation of filing documents for US parent filings and overseas filings
- General statutory compliance and Companies House returns including- director/secretary appointments, annual returns, name changes, special resolutions, incorporations etc.
- Supporting on legal projects and support legal team where necessary including commercial contract support.
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary depending on experience and loads of fantastic benefits, such as gym subsidy, private health insurance, travel insurance, pension, 25 days holiday, bonus, on site massage and health checks plus much, much more, so if you are interested in this exciting opportunity please apply now.