Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Kings Hill
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Finance Manager to join our Finance Department.
The role of the Finance Manager is to ensure that the financial books of accounts of the Cabot group companies reflect a complete and reconciled record of the activities of the companies in order to underpin management analysis and action, and ensure a timely and satisfactory audit of the books and records of the Cabot group companies.
We are looking for a qualified accountant with excellent team management and communication skills who thrives in a high pressure environment and can work to tight deadlines. You will have strong Excel skills, high attention to detail and the ability to work well in a team as well as individually.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Prepare the monthly consolidated reporting for the Cabot group, including the consolidation of overseas entities, in both IFRS and US GAAP.
- Control the month end process, ensuring internal and external reporting deadlines are adhered too.
- Ensure reconciliations are prepared and maintained for all balance sheet nominal accounts and key P&L accounts
- Ensure that adequate accruals and provisions are made and included within the respective accounting period for all known expenditure.
- Ensure that an accurate record of the fixed assets of the company, and of the related depreciation and net book amounts, which agrees with the accounting ledger.
- Prepare the annual and quarterly statutory accounts for the Cabot group companies.
- Preparation of the quarterly investor presentation.
- Maintain files and working papers to support the periodic audit requirements of external audits and reviews.
- Be responsibility for quarterly Sarbanes Oxley (“SOX”) audit testing ensuring the group remains compliant and operates to its set policies and procedures.
- Control the administration and set-up of the Sun accounting system including chart of accounts and other nominal, supplier and customer accounts; period and year end close down; and exchange rates used for the translation of transactions in foreign currencies.
- Identify and develop the Team’s goals and objectives and successfully deliver them.
Knowledge & experience
- Practical experience of financial accounting disciplines and of managing a financial accounting environment.
- Management of financial accounting records up to management and statutory level.
- Experience in the preparation of formal statutory accounts.
- Previous experience with the Sun accounting system (version 6) would be desirable.
- Previous experience in a professional ‘best practice’ environment would be desirable.
- Previous experience of working in a SOX environment would be desirable.
What can we offer you?
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including; a fantastic bonus scheme, pension scheme, life insurance, private health insurance, 25 days holiday, and much much more so if you are interested this exciting opportunity please apply now.