Job Title: Insight Analyst
Department: Risk – Insight & Analytics
Location: Kings Hill
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a recent graduate to join our Strategy & Analytics Department.
We are looking for a highly numerate and detail orientated graduate with a numerical degree . You will have knowledge of statistical analysis, data mining and modelling techniques, have advanced Excel skills and be a strong communicator.
Our Insight group is focused on delivering analysis of portfolio performance, customer behaviour and process effectiveness to build understanding and impact business performance. The team works closely with Operations departments and other Risk teams to ensure findings are understood and resulting decisions put into practice.
This is a unique opportunity where you will have the opportunity to contribute from day 1 and you will be working on your own projects within the first 1-3 months.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Project based delivery of statistical and empirical analytics
- Data warehouse interrogation, extraction, collection, and manipulation using SAS, SQL and Excel.
- Statistical analysis and data mining to agreed objectives and deadlines.
- Support the delivery of a Test and Learn environment for Collections Strategy providing effective measurement of trials using pre-agreed key performance indicators.
- Development of prototype reports to monitor portfolio performance, customer behaviour and process effectiveness.
- Employment of appropriate quality assurance techniques to ensure accuracy and validity of results.
- Interpretation and synthesis of results to provide actionable insight.
- Clear communication of results, insight and recommendations using effective supporting material.
- Be a subject matter expert on data, operational analysis and customer behaviour.
- Monitoring of impact of recommendations made to the business following their implementation.
Formal Education & Certification
- Numerical degree with a strong statistical content - Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research an advantage.
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of statistical analysis, data mining and modelling techniques.
- Understanding that the statistical techniques are to be used to improve commercial value.
- Experience of using SAS an advantage, however some programming experience is essential (e.g. SQL, VBA, Matlab, etc)
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary, comprehensive training, and loads of fantastic benefits, such as gym subsidy, private health insurance, travel insurance, pension, 23 days holiday, on site massage and health checks plus much, much more, so if you are interested in this exciting opportunity please apply now.