Senior Compliance Officer
Job Title: Senior Compliance Officer
Location: Kings Hill
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Compliance Officer to join our expanding Compliance Department.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who is an excellent communicator with strong report writing skills, who thrives in a busy, fast paced environment.
The Senior Compliance Officer’s primary responsibility is to execute the Cabot Credit Management (CCM) annual compliance monitoring plan. This is a broad and demanding role which ideally requires good knowledge of consumer credit compliance, with a focus on the debt collection and debt purchase sector. The role will require a sound understanding of guidance documents governing the consumer credit sector, a good understanding of laws, regulations and rules governing the debt collection and debt purchase sector including; the Consumer Credit Act 1974, Data Protection Act 1998, FCA Principles for Business, CONC Rules, Treating Customers Fairly Principles, DISP Rules, Standards of Lending Practice and the CSA Code of Practice.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Lead the delivery of the Compliance Monitoring Plan by carrying out monitoring reviews, writing up reports and making recommendations to the business.
- Manage actions by agreeing timelines and owners with relevant business areas and track until completion.
- Proficient in checking the suitability of advice and carrying out file and telephone checks against internal and regulatory requirements.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk and develop corrective recommendations for the resolution of these issues.
- Produce and update monitoring MI for relevant packs.
- Provide compliance advice, guidance and training where required to business functions.
- Build relationships with and promote a strong compliance culture amongst key stakeholders and senior management and help to embed ‘Full Circle Compliance’.
- Represent the Compliance Team where required with matters relating to new business and client activities.
- 1-3 years UK experience in Compliance within financial services
- A solid understanding of compliance issues and regulatory requirements within financial services and experience working in an FCA regulated business.
- Experience in leadership, in particular delivering feedback effectively and constructively
- Possess a broad technical knowledge of financial products and how they are sold and serviced
- Experience of producing Board level written reports.
What can we offer you?
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary depending on experience and a comprehensive benefits package including; a fantastic bonus scheme, pension scheme, life insurance, private health insurance, 23 days holiday, and much much more so if you are interested this exciting opportunity please apply now.