Senior IT Service Manager
Job Title: Senior IT Service Manager
Location: Kings Hill
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior IT Service Manager to join our expanding IT Department.
We are looking for a bright, self-motivated team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong stakeholder management skills, has strong attention to detail and can thrive in a busy, fast paced environment. You will have at least 5 years experience of working in a service management role, be able to work to tight deadlines, be able to influence and negotiate and have good problem solving skills.
This role will lead a dedicated team of IT professionals in the delivery of both service desk and service management functions. The role holder will take ownership of the end user experience and the delivery of services to the end user. They will be part of the IT Operations management team and have the opportunity to define a service management strategy and drive a continuous improvement culture.
The Role Holder will be responsible for implementing, maintaining and enforcing a range of operational disciplines to prevent critical outages that could otherwise cause a financial or reputational business impact. These include but are not limited to:
- Problem Management
- Knowledge & Document Management
- Service Management, KPI’s and Service Reporting
- Incident and request management
The Role holder will be required to drive incidents and problem investigations – and will form part of an on call escalation mechanism to lead business communications for critical issues.
- Be responsible and accountable for service management
- Overall responsibility for the Service Desk function (incorporating both internal and outsourced capability)
- Drive a continuous improvement culture within the IT Operations community
- Manage the execution of Incident, Problem and Change processes providing decisive governance as applicable to achieve 99.99% or better system uptime.
- Develop Cabot’s toolset and reporting dashboards to enhance proactive IT monitoring and awareness
- Chair internal Service Management Boards to review service delivery with key business stakeholders and prioritise service improvement plan
- Hold external Service Management reviews of 3rd parties – highlighting MSP service related issues or required enhancements.
- Own & lead the creation and maintenance of the ITSM Knowledge base – ensuring operational support documentation and systems design information exist and are maintained.
- Act as IT Ops process owner responsible for management of; IT SOX controls, maturity, best practice and customer alignment
- Ensure that major incidents are appropriately followed up on, including incident reports, problem management, etc.
- Facilitates, communicates and manages the expectations of the business through liaison with the relevant support teams and external partners.
Knowledge & experience
- Good knowledge of Service Management best practice and principles (eg. ITIL)
- A broad understanding of general technology components and the roles they play in delivering services to customer - e.g Desktop, Server, Networks etc
- A working knowledge of organisational change and transformation - supporting both tactical and strategic IT/Business developments.
- Previous experience of working in an ‘outcomes’ based multi-sourced environment
- Recognised IT qualifications e.g. ITIL, SDA, SDM (desired).
- Awareness of governance and compliance requirements - ensuring CCM Group IT meets regulatory demands as outlined by SOX/ISO27001
What can we offer you?
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary depending on experience and a comprehensive benefits package including; a fantastic bonus scheme, pension scheme, life insurance, private health insurance, 23 days holiday, and much much more so if you are interested this exciting opportunity please apply now.