Job Title: Server Engineer
Location: Kings Hill
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Server Engineer to join our expanding team.
We are looking for a confident communicator with excellent problem solving skills, strong attention to detail and who is able to thrive in a busy, fast paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
As part of a broader IT Operations community, the Server Engineer is responsible for supporting and improving the availability and resilience of Cabot’s IT infrastructure. They will be responsible for proactively managing the servers, storage and virtualisation estate utilised across the CCM Group – including all aspects of the active directory, virtual desktop and messaging services. They will be required effectively manage the delivery of tasks from both internal and external colleagues to deliver successful outcomes.
The Role Holder will be responsible for implementing, maintaining and enforcing a range of operational disciplines to prevent critical outages that could otherwise cause a financial or reputational business impact.
These include but are not limited to:
- Solution Design, Scoping & Implementation.
- Data Backup & Recovery
- Systems & Data Security and Risk Management
- Growth & Capacity Planning
- Event, Incident and Problem Management
- Preventative maintenance, including patching and upgrades.
The Role holder will be required to support incidents and problem investigations – and will form part of an on call escalation mechanism to lead remediation activities for critical issues. The Role holder will also be required to support out of hours change implementations (within reason), that are scheduled and pre-agreed.
Knowledge & Experience
- At least 5 years’ experience working within a technical support role in the server space
- Recognised IT qualifications e.g. MCITP, MCP, MCSE, CCNA
- Developed knowledge of Microsoft Server technologies such as Server 2003, 2008 R2, 2012
- Developed knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP
- A good understanding of core networking principles, OSI layer, LAN, WAN etc.
- Competent using event management tools such as Solarwinds or Nimsoft
- Experience of SAN Technologies – specifically Dell & Netapp
- Experience of Virtual infrastructure – specifically Vmware & HyperV
- Knowledge of Citrix xenapp/xendesktop
- An understanding of Cloud services
- Experience of Backup technologies, data protection & recovery best practice – ie Commvault
- Experience of managing Server infrastructure – DELL/HP
- An understanding of DR/BCP business processes
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary of £50,000-60,000, a great bonus scheme and loads of fantastic benefits, such as gym subsidy, private health insurance, travel insurance, pension, 23 days holiday, on site massage and health checks plus much, much more, so if you are interested in this exciting opportunity please apply now.